April 03, 2013

Musing No. 1



"carry our brollies..."
I've never been spoken to like that. I have never been told what I have or have not done in such a way that I could practically hear the school bell ring and see myself racing up the stairs so I wouldn't be in trouble.
I’m shocked, slightly nauseated and frankly scared.

Why scared? Well, scared because I wonder if what he wrote is actually true, scared that I have ended up looking like a fool which I do truly fear and scared that I’ll end up messing up the best thing that may have ever happened to me.

It’s strange; we all want this epic kind of love, the heart racing, soul shaking kind of love that we have never experienced before. But we never think to try and prepare ourselves, to do the research I suppose so that we actually know when we find it.

Then when we have something that’s new, that may or may not be it, we aren't sure what to do because it’s so unfamiliar. Plus, no one ever told us whether it would be happiness and bliss from the start or whether we should brace ourselves and carry our brollies ‘cause the shit would hit the fan more than once!

So you wind up in the unfamiliar and because you don’t know whether this is your one and only shot at forever or whether it’s just a new strain of frog that the universe in its sense of humor has sent your way, you tether on the edge, not sure whether to just jump right in and weather the ups and downs or whether to just pack up and leave and keep waiting for that prince to finally show up.
So as I stare at my screen, dumbstruck at the nerve the man had to send me such a scathing email, I don’t know what to do.
Do I pack up my heart and exit the emotional train at the next stop or do I straighten my spine, crack a few knuckles and get ready to wade in further into this mucking thing that may be true love?

2 comments:

  1. crack a few knuckles! damn it!!

    ReplyDelete